Can I create Gmail account with no phone number? Actually, there seems to be a possibility where you can create a Gmail account without needing verification with a phone number. Gmail is the topmost profound email service provider in the world today. Considering a large number of email users, its security is so uptight whereby setting up verification is required to be able to use the email platform.
Usually, the procedure of creating a new Gmail requires a method of verification whereby you need to provide a valid phone number just to indicate that you’re human. This includes receiving a verification code sent to your phone number for verification. But there is a way to skip the verification is by signing up for an account through your phone.
First of all, the reason for providing a phone number during the process of creating a Gmail account is to help secure your email account. Likewise, it helps with the process of recovering your email account if you can’t access your Gmail account due to an incorrect password. In this article, we will show you the simple way how to make Gmail account without phone number.
Why is a Phone Number Needed to Create a Gmail Account?
Just like I mentioned earlier, the reason why you need a phone number when creating a Gmail account. There are so many reasons why Google requires new members to provide a valid phone number when creating a Gmail account. Most of the common reason includes the following
- For verifying your Gmail account.
- To prove that you’re human and not a robot.
- To stay updated on any suspicious activities like someone hacking your account or accessing your account with authorization.
- It offers you a simple way to recover your email account in case you forgot the password to your Gmail account.
These are some of the common reasons why you need to use a phone number when creating your Gmail account. But if you choose not to, you can use your mobile phone to make a Gmail account without using a phone number for verification.
How to Create Gmail Account With No Phone Number
To create Gmail account with no phone number, you need to use an Android or iPhone device. This requires no need for verification when creating your Gmail or Google account. Easily with your mobile phone, you can bypass providing your phone number to create your Gmail account. Hence, follow the instruction to create Gmail account with no phone number:
- Open your mobile phone either your Android or iPhone device.
- Select the Settings App from the menu.
- Navigate Accounts/Clouds & Accounts.
- Select the option Accounts.
- From the provided list choose Google Account.
- Then, click on Create account.
- Enter the required information to set up your account that including your full name, and date of birth, and set up a new email address.
- Create a new strong password for your email account.
- Finally Agree to the terms of service to create an account.
However, you can skip the process when asked to enter your phone number. Or you can select other options like providing a valid email address to receive the verification code. Afterward, follow the instruction on the screen to create your own Gmail account.
Other Ways to Make Gmail Account Without Phone Number
Aside from skipping the need for verification, there are other ways you can also try to successfully create a Gmail account without using a phone number. Here is the following option to try out in creating a new Gmail account without a phone number.
- Using a fake phone number.
- You can also try using someone else’s phone number if you don’t want to use your own.
- Use a Virtual phone number to receive verification,
- Using a valid email address.
These are all some of the following ways in which you can use to sign up for a Google account without verification of using your phone number. Keep in mind, for securing your account, you need to later add your phone number where you can receive notifications from suspicious attempts on your email account.