Gmail also known as Google Mail is widely the most used email service in over 160 countries for communication. In other to get a Gmail account, the first thing required of a user is to create a Gmail account.
Creating a Gmail account or Google account eventually provides you with a login detail that includes your email address and password to be able to access and manage your email account, anywhere, anytime on internet connected device.
The Gmail login is an access portal or access page that requires your email address and password to log in to your email account.
History of Google Mail
Without a doubt, Google is far from the largest and best email service provider with the likes of Yahoo Mail, Outlook, and AOL Mail coming behind it. Gmail initially is a free email service where you can create a free email account for communication.
Popular businesses and companies use Gmail in other to build a strong relationships with customers or clients with a unique set of email addresses that comes with the company or business name. The Gmail login helps you to manage, control and organize your mailbox when you log in to your email account.
However, for those without a Gmail account, you can check out the step to create a Gmail account before going to the Gmail sign in procedure.
Features of Google Mail
Google Mail offers a wide range of features to improve productivity and simplify email management. Here are some of the features:
Google Mail is built with an intelligent inbox that helps to store unread and read messages. With the help of machine learning algorithms, this helps to categorize and prioritize incoming emails.
Google has a very powerful search engine integrated into the mail where you can easily find specific emails or attachments in your inbox faster than you think. Plus, the advanced search filters make things easier where you can narrow done your search in a minute with keywords, sender, date, and more.
Integration with Google Workspace
Google Mail is integrated with a wide range of Google Workspaces such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Meet, YouTube, Chats, News, Contact, and more. It’s very easy to navigate and with it, you can easily share files, schedule events, access YouTube, view contacts, and more.
Most importantly, Google Mail is built with robust security measures that help to protect and secure your email communications. Some of the security measure used to protect your important document and information includes two-factor authentication, spam filters, phishing detection, and more
How to Create a Google Mail Account
The Gmail sign up is used to describe the term “create a Gmail account” for new users willing to join the community of Gmail users. Gmail sign up is a free registration portal that allows you to create an email account with Google.
This provides you with a secure, smart, and easy way to get the best out of a Gmail email account. Here is the following step to create a new Gmail account:
- First of all, you can use either PC or Mobile phone to access the Gmail website.
- Then, go to Gmail.com on your web browser.
- Directly on the homepage, click Create an account at the top right or middle of the page.
- When you click on “Create an account” it will open a new tab on the Gmail sign up page.
- Fill out the necessary requirements to create your Google account.
- Simply enter your First name, Last name, and Username, and create a unique password.
- Then, click Next.
Afterward, it will open another page when your click Next. This next option requires verification which includes an active phone number to activate your account. A verification code will be sent to your phone number and you can complete the next action by yourself.
Setting up Google Mail on devices
You can access Google Mail on various devices including smartphones, tablets, and computers. Here is the following step to set up Google Mail on your device:
Setting up on mobile devices
- Download and install the Google Mail app (Gmail app) from your Google Play Store or iOS App Store
- Once the download completes, open the app
- Sign in to the app with your Google Mail account login details
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform other necessary setups
Setting up on computers
- use your preferred web browser
- Go to https://mail.google.com/ which is the Google Mail website
- Sign in with your Google Mail account that includes your email address and password
- Customize your inbox setting and personalize your theme preferences
How to Login to Gmail Account Online
First of all, you need to know that Gmail login email, Gmail account login, Gmail login mail, and Gmail login all means the same thing which is authentication to access your email account. The requirement for a Gmail login email account includes your email address and password, as well as the following procedure:
- Open your computer or PC.
- Then, visit Gmail.com on your web browser.
- Click Sign in at the top page.
- Enter your Google account email address or use your phone number to sign in.
- Enter your Google account password linked to the email address or phone number.
- Finally, click Sign in.
Keep in mind, if you are using a public computer and not your personal computer, ensure that you sign out of your email account before leaving the computer. This serves as one of the factors that can lead to an insecure account and signing out of your account allows you to secure your email account from unauthorized access.
How to sign in on Gmail mobile
Firstly, there are two ways in which you can sign in to Gmail account on mobile, either you use the Gmail app or the website. However, for the website, you can use the following procedure above. Also, for the Gmail app, you need to install the app on your device. Most devices already pre-install the app so you don’t need to do that.
- Select the Gmail App from your phone menu.
- Then, click on your profile picture at the top corner of your screen.
- Select the option Add another account.
- Select Gmail as the type of account.
- Enter your email address or phone number and password.
- Finally, click Sign in.
In Summary, the sign in process on the Gmail mobile can also be referred to as Gmail sign in add account. Where you can manage multiple Gmail accounts on one device with ease. Also, you can set up two-step authentication for more security on your email account.
Managing emails in Google Mail
The email service has various tools and features that help to effectively manage your emails. Here are some of the important techniques:
Composing and sending emails
If you want to compose and email emails in Google Mail, follow the step-by-step guide:
- Click on the “Compose” icon at the top of the page or press the shortcut key “C”
- Enter the receiver email address in the “To” field
- Type a topic that define your email
- Write your message
- You can add attachment if you want by clicking on the paperclip icon
- Then, click Send
Replying and forwarding email
Replying and forwarding emails is very simple and common in email communication. Here is the step to reply or forward an email:
- Open the email you want to reply or forward
- Click Reply to reply. Click Forward to forward
- Compose your reply or you can add the receiver email address for forwarding
- Click Send to send your reply or to forward the email
Organizing emails with labels and filters
With Google Mail, you can use different features to organize your email using labels and filters. Find out ways you can organize your emails using labels and filters.
- Location the option “Create new label” on the left sidebar of your Google Mail inbox and click on it
- Enter a label name and optionally nest it under and existing label
- Then, click Create to save
Applying labels to emails
- Select the email you want to use by clicking the checkbox beside them
- Click the option “Label” at the top of your inbox
- Select the label you want to apply
- Click the option “See all settings; at the top right corner
- Go to the “Filters and blocked addresses” tab
- Click the option “Create a new filter”
- Define the filter criteria
- Specify the actions you want to apply
- Then, click “Create filter” icon to save your filter
Integrating Google Mail with other Google services
One of the advantages of using the email service is the seamless integration with several Google products and services. This includes the following:
Google drive integration
Direct from your email account you can easily access Google Drive where you can store and share files in the cloud. Plus, you can attach files from Google Drive and add it to your email or save email attachments.
Google calendar integration
With Google Calendar in your email account, scheduling events, and meeting, and setting up reminders has been made much easier.
Google meet integration
Google Meet provides video conferencing capabilities. The advantage of it been added to your email account is that you can add a Google Meet link to invite people to a virtual meeting when composing an email.